Notes***

* Please note...
By Law any photos made by anyone, are the personal property of that person, and are protected by copyright laws. Therefore reproduction of any photos here must be done with permission of the rightful owner. 

*Also note... That this Blog was made on a MAC... How about that.

Feb 22, 2008

Other stuff from the bush.....

Although a lot of my year is devoted to picking mushrooms, there is a time of the year that is very slow. That is when I work on different odd , and I suppose diseased, pieces that I have picked up in my bush travels . Below are just a very few that I have done.  They are very labour intensive, requiring removal of a lot of bark and pitch build up. When that is done then they have to be sanded and polished. As well, the bigger one require up to two years of controlled drying. As in staying in my workshop out of the sun.


Red Alder Burl
Piece of hollow Maple
.
Surviving Fir stump from fire

Cedar Burl....very soft

"Ass hole" fir grow over. 

I call this "Fir Thumb"

All Out for a stroll.

Smaller pieces, I call "Wood Ears"

No comments: